Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli
My Creative Life is a weekly interview, with the same five questions, with folks who are living authentically, creatively, and making a living out of their passions.

This week I am honored to have Michelle Newkirk who helps people make educated decisions about their physical and emotional health through the use of natural products. She is a wealth of information and incredibly nice!

1. What do you do? (career wise - whatever you want to share)
I am a Natural Health Educator specializing in the areas of Nutrition and Digestion, Plant Based Enzymes, Bach Flower Therapy, and Reiki Tummo. (TheRadiantLotus.com) I work one-on-one with clients from my office on East Ave (www.HealingHavenMassage.com) in Rochester, as well as teach classes and workshops. I will also be releasing an educational CD called "The Essentials of Bach Flowers for Kids", due out next month. I continue to work as a Skilled Nurse, mostly for pediatric clients, in the home care setting.
2. How did you prepare for this career? (formal and informal education, books, workshops?)
Being a caregiver and healer came to me matrilineally. I'm proud to be a third generation Nurse and second generation Nutritionist. There has always been a curiosity in me that strives to understand what makes us work, and how all of the parts of us work together. A traditional nurse facilitates an environment that promotes healing. I carry this philosophy with me in my work today by helping clients to become educated and aware of how their internal and external environments affect their overall health and well-being. My formal training has come from Isabella Graham Hart School of Nursing, The Loomis Institute of Digestive Health, Certified Natural Health Professionals, and The Bach Foundation.
3. Besides living according to the values of creativity and independence, what other values are you honoring by following this path?
I am honoring my Heart. That Divine spark within me glows every time I am able to change an old, stale perspective, or renew lost hope, or empower someone to become more responsible for their health. I am so grateful to be doing what I do!
4. What struggles or challenges do you face, if any?
One of my greatest frustrations is having clients wait to come to me as a last resort, after trying everything else. I'm happy to help anyone who walks through my door, but there's much less pain and intervention involved in working preventatively and stepping in to balance out weaknesses before major symptoms arise. I'd like to help people realize that it's easier to pull the weeds from the garden when they're still seedlings.

5. Can you give some advice to folks who would like to do what you do?
Bach Flower Therapy is a great place to start. It is a simple system designed for the layperson. The flowers are all-natural and safe for anyone to use. You can't do harm with them, so get a copy of The Essential Writings of Edward Bach and get started balancing out emotional issues and eliminating stress right away!
0 Responses