Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli

Sandtray Creations are a mixture of sculpture, movement, 3-dimensional collage, drama, mixed-media art, and intuitive presence all wrapped into one powerful process.

On the face of it, it’s simple — you choose little figurines and arrange them in a box that has sand in it. Then we talk about it.
On the face of it, But it’s really much deeper than that.

I've witnessed both personally and through my clients everything from subtle transformations to profound catharsis from this unique art-making exercise.


I have about 500 objects and figurines in my collection for clients to use. This little guy, the Tribal figure, only stands about 2.5 inches tall but delivers a powerful
message. He is often used to describe dreams, spirituality, ancient/past life experiences, or unknown future outcomes. Since he is made of brass (I think), he is heavy for his size, therefore, at times he represents the "heaviness" or seriousness of one's spiritual quest. I call it a "he" but he's also been used as a "she." Not often, but a couple times this figure has been used to represent one's spouse or mother.

What would you pick?
1 Response
  1. Miles Says:

    I liked your blog, thanks for sharing this