Gabrielle Javier-Cerulli
My Creative Life is a weekly interview, with the same five questions, with folks who are living authentically, creatively, and making a living out of their passions.

This week I am honored to have Erich Camping, a Rochester, NY photographer. To describe his work as lovely, artistic, intriguing are all understatements! See what I'm talking about at his website www.campingphoto.com and also check out his photoblog http://www.erichcampingphotoblog.com. The photo of Erich in his studio was taken by Steve Pfost.


1. What do you do? (career wise - whatever you want to share)
I am a photographer specializing in Natural . Fine Art . Wedding Photojournalism

2. How did you prepare for this career? (formal and informal education, books, workshops?)
BA from SUNY Empire and R.I.T. l also attend yearly conferences and workshops

3. Besides living according to the values of creativity and independence, what other values are you honoring by following this path?
More than anything humor and trust define me. Keeping life real is also very important to living life to its fullest.

4. What struggles or challenges do you face, if any?
My challenges are balancing family life and my career. Being self employed is much more difficult than I ever dreamed.

5. Can you give some advice to folks who would like to do what you do?
Work hard and smart. Do what you love, and develop a niche that is unique to you.
0 Responses